Post Wax Care Instructions
It's important to take care of your skin after waxing to help minimize any issues.
Gently exfoliate daily for the first week, beginning 24 hours after the waxing appointment to help prevent bumps and ingrown hairs.
- Ideally, a body wash with glycolic acid and pumice gloves such as the Tuel Body Polish Kit can help remove the dead skin on the body and encourage hair to grow our straight. This kit works well for regular exfoliating too. If you received facial waxing, the Power Scrub can help you exfoliate your face and neck.
Use a blemish control product such as Tuel's Clear It once in the morning and once in the evening to help prevent breakouts for the first week and if breakouts do occur.
- Apply a light body lotion like Tuel Botanical Blast to calm the skin and provide relief if feeling itchy.
After Wax Care Products
Our products are perfect for after wax care at home to minimize any skincare challenges that occassionally occur with waxing.
What to Avoid After Waxing
Right after waxing, do be a bit precautious by avoiding:
- touching and scratching your freshly waxed skin.
- the pool, sauna, hot showers, intense workouts, sex, for at least twenty-four to forty-eight hours as oils and bacteria can increase the risk of infection.
- using oily, skin-drying, heavily-scented, colored or thick body washes, lotions or deodorants on the waxed areas for the first week,
- sun exposure for at least forty-eight hours to minimize sun burns and scarring on the waxed skin.
Moisturize & Exfoliate Post Waxing
Exfoliating After Waxing is Important
Exfoliating is rubbing a product or a wash cloth on the skin while bathing to remove the top layer. Regular exfoliation helps improve skincare product absorption and helps with ingrowns because it pushes the hair follicle into the right direction for growth instead of allowing the hair to hook back inward.
Moisturizing Eliminates Itchiness
Moisturizing the skin with a light lotion post wax helps minimize irritation and itchiness because it can soften the hair growing back, allowing it to more smooth